So many diets, so little time, but which one is right for you? This can be a hard question to answer with all the different diets that are out there today. One diet out there that you may have never heard of is Protein Power Lifeplan diet. This is one of many diets out there, and before you decide to start it yourself, you should take some time to learn more about the diet, how it works, who it works for, and the pros and cons of the diet as well. So, here is some helpful information that will give you the knowledge to decide whether the Protein Power Lifeplan is a good fit for you.
An Overview of the Protein Power Lifeplan
This diet, Protein Power Lifeplan diet, which is also the title of their book, was developed by husband and wife, Michael Eades, and Mary Dan Eades, both whom are doctors. Basically the main principle in this diet is that you should limit your carbs and makes sure that you get plenty of protein in your diet. However, the book does offer you various options for how to do it. While this type of a diet can become very complex, the authors let you know that it is fine to take a simpler route. While this diet may not be as restrictive as some low carb diets, it definitely is quite restrictive.
Who it Works for Best
This is a diet that is especially great for people who like it to be simple. People who just want someone to tell them exactly the things that they should be eating will find this diet to be a good one for them because it does tell them exactly what to eat and there is very little variation available.
Pros and Cons of the Diet
Just about any diet is going to have some pros and cons, so you need to figure out what they are so you can weight them and decide whether or not the pros really outweigh the cons of the diet. In some cases the pros do outweigh them, but this is not always the case. Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons that you’ll find in the Protein Power Lifeplan Diet.
- Pro #1 – It Really is Simple – One pro of this diet is that it really is quite simple. For people who want someone to tell them exactly what to eat, this is a good diet to follow. Once you learn all of the rules, they don’t really change much, so it is quite simple for those who don’t want to deal with things that are constantly changing.
- Pro #2 – Nutrition is Emphasized – Another pro of the Protein Power Lifeplan Diet is that it really does emphasize nutrition. It works on making sure that people do get the nutrition that they need and it also teaches people to make the most out of their carbs so they are sure to get the vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and antioxidants that their body really needs to have.
- Con #1 – You Have to Count Carbs in Everything – Of course there are some negative sides to this diet as well. One of the main cons is that you always have to be counting the carbs in every single thing that you eat, which can definitely get old after time. So, if you don’t want to spend your time constantly counting the carbs in your meal, this may not be the right diet for you.
- Con #2 – Can Have Too Few Carbs – As with many other low carb diets, there is a danger of having too few carbs in your diet as well. It may be difficult to stick to and you may also end up dealing with a carb crash from so drastically limiting the amount of carbohydrates that the body can take in.
- Con #3 – Little Variation is Offered – While it is nice to have a simple diet, this one can get boring because there is so little variation for you to enjoy. There are not many ways that you can adjust this diet, which means it may get old for you very quickly.
Do’s and Don’ts of Food
When you are on Protein Power Lifeplan dieting plan, you’ll find that carbs of any kind of very restricted. Every meal or snack that you have can only contain between 7-10 grams of carbs. Also, you are to use your allotment of carbs to make sure that you get the best nutrition possible with it. Of course you are supposed to eat high amounts of protein as well when you are on this diet.
The Medical Community’s Opinion
When it comes to the opinion of the medical community, there are a few concerns about this diet. One main concern is the low amount of carbs that you get, which can restrict the nutrients that you get in your diet. Also, there is a lot of protein encouraged as well, which is not a great thing according to many people in the medical field. Sure, protein is great, but too much can cause problems in your body.
Disclaimer: Always consult your doctor before starting any diet program.